Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics GmbH & Co. KG (in the following: Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics) is firmly committed to data privacy. Therefore, as a matter of course, we strictly adhere to the legal regulations concerning the protection of data privacy (in particular those in BDSG [German Data Protection Act] and TMG [German Telemedia Act]) and will do everything possible to ensure the privacy of your data. In addition, it is important to us that you know at any given time which data we store and how we use them. Please take a moment to read the following text informing you about the way we deal with your data. We reserve the right to revise the content of this data privacy statement from time to time, in particular to adapt it to new legal stipulations and technical development so that we can also safeguard data protection in the future. It is therefore advisable to regularly take note of our information and remarks concerning data processing.
§ 1 Personal Data § 2 Purpose of Collecting Personal Data § 3 No Forwarding of Personal Data § 4 Automatic Data Collection via Cookies, Sessions, and Logfiles, Web-Analysis Tool PIWIK § 5 Data Security § 6 Right of Withdrawal and Right to Information
1. We collect, process and use your personal data only with your explicit consent, or if it is legally permitted. We will only collect, process and use such personal data as are required for the implementation and utilisation of our services and which you have made available to us on a voluntary basis.
2. Personal data are all data containing information about the personal or factual circumstances of a specific or identifiable person. This includes e.g. name, email address, residential address, gender, date of birth, telephone number and also age.
1. Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics collects two kinds of data from you: data which are automatically collected on our website, and data which you provide to Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics when registering or after registering, respectively, for the extended content of our website.
2. The registration form for the use of the extended content of our website requires input of some basic data, including contact information (name, email address, country) so that we can process your registration or requests/queries. However, if you decide to withhold these data, Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics will not be able
• to grant you access to specific sections of our website (“extended content”), • to register your interest in products, services or marketing activities of Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics, • to send you desired information and to contact you.
You can at any time demand that you receive no further information about Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics products, services and marketing activities or about Schwan STABILO Cosmetics, by simply replying to the relevant email and letting us know your wishes. All email information you receive from Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics will tell you how to object to receiving any further emails.
3. During your visit to our website, Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics automatically records your IP address (i.e. your computer’s internet address, not your email address) and other general usage data in order to assess which sections of our website you visit and how long you stay there. These data are merged with the usage data for all visitors to our website in order to monitor the number of visitors, the average time spent on a Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics website, the pages called up etc. Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics uses these merged data to assess products and services, including the novelties which Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics makes accessible via the website, and to monitor the usage of this website and generally improve its content. On no account will the usage data for this website be linked to any personal data which would provide any statements about you. For more information about this please read § 4 (Automatic Data Collection via Cookies, Sessions and Logfiles, Web Analysis Tool PIWIK).
Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics embraces the policy of not forwarding personal data of users of our website, unless we were given an explicit permission to do so. Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics does not sell user names or email addresses to third companies which will send you unsolicited advertising or mail.
1. A cookie is a small text file stored in your browser cache and enabling an analysis of your use of our website. A session is a single session which will be saved on our server for a short period of time. Logfiles are created by the server and stored by us. They contain automatically generated logs of all or specific activities of processes on a computer system.
2. With the exception of your IP address, no data with relevance to data privacy, or personal data will be stored in the cookies, sessions and logfiles. Furthermore, these files cannot transfer viruses, spy on your computer, or send emails undetected. In addition, each webserver can only read out those cookies it placed itself.
3. Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics uses “cookies” to collect data about your usage of our website and to make sure that your visit runs smoothly. These cookies neither reveal nor contain any personal data. Cookies cannot read out any information from your computer or cooperate with other cookies on your fixed disk. However, cookies enable Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics to recognise you on a later visit to our website.
4. The following data are automatically collected via cookies, sessions and logfiles when you call up our website:
Your internet address (IP address)/host name Agent/browser type and version Website you were referred from (referrer URL) Operating system used Pages viewed on our website Date and time of access Session (for registered users) Session ID (for registered users)
These data are stored separately from the data you provided when you registered with us. These data types are not linked.
6. This website is located on a Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics server in Germany. Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics only makes your data available to those of its employees who need to see them.
Objection to Data Collection via PIWIK
NB: When you deactivate web analysis, a “permanent cookie” is stored on your computer, if your browser settings permit this. This cookie serves the purpose of signalling PIWIK that your browser must not be recorded.
Please note that the PIWIK deactivation cookie is deleted whenever you erase the cookies stored in your browser. You must also deactivate web analysis again whenever you use another computer or another browser.
1. We have taken organisational and technical security measures to protect your data, in particular against loss, manipulation and unauthorised access. We regularly adapt our security measures to continuous technical development.
2. We urge you to take all possible measures to protect your data while working on the internet. Adopt the habit of frequently changing your password. We recommend a password with a combination of letters, numbers and special characters and to make sure that you use a safe SSL-capable browser for surfing the internet. If you are not the only person using your computer log out completely after using it, and never make your password known to third parties.
3. We use the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to encrypt your data on all websites where after registration personal data must be provided. SSL encryption masks your data before transmitting them to our server, in such a way that they cannot be reconstructed by third parties. This safeguards the privacy of your personal data and of your payment data in internet transactions.
4. Technical security data for Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics:
• Encryption of sensitive data transfer with SSL certificates by Thawte.
• Server security: a firewall system protects our servers against attacks.
• An internal security system and authorisation concept make sure that your sensitive data are not accessible to our employees unless they have a special authorisation.
At any given time, you have the right to receive information, free of charge, about your data stored with us, as well as, if necessary, the right to have these data modified, blocked or deleted.
In both cases please contact
+ 49 911 567 2012
(Availability Mon-Fri between 10:00 and 16:00 CET, excluding German public holidays)
Responsible as defined by the Bundesdatenschutzgesetz (German Data Protection Act): the Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics GmbH & Co. KG Schwanweg 1 - 90562 Heroldsberg – Germany.