Data Privacy Statement
Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics GmbH & Co. KG (in the following: Schwan Cosmetics) is firmly committed to data privacy. Therefore, as a matter of course, we strictly adhere to the legal regulations concerning the protection of data privacy and will do everything possible to ensure the privacy of your data. In addition, it is important to us that you know at any given time which data we store and how we use them. Please take a moment to read the following text informing you about the way we deal with your data. We reserve the right to revise the content of this data privacy statement from time to time, in particular to adapt it to new legal stipulations and technical development so that we can also safeguard data protection in the future. It is therefore advisable to regularly take note of our information and remarks concerning data processing.
§ 1 Personal Data
§ 2 Purpose of Collecting Personal Data
§ 3 No Forwarding of Personal Data
§ 4 Automatic Data Collection via Cookies, Sessions, and Logfiles, Web-Analysis Tool Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager
§ 5 Social Media
§ 6 Data Security
§ 7 Right of Withdrawal and Right to Information
§ 1 PERSONAL DATA
1. We collect, process and use your personal data only with your explicit consent, or if it is legally permitted. We will only collect, process and use such personal data as are required for the implementation and utilisation of our services and which you have made available to us on a voluntary basis.
2. Personal data are all data containing information about the personal or factual circumstances of a specific or identifiable person. This includes e.g. name, email address, residential address, gender, date of birth, telephone number and also age.
§ 2 PURPOSE OF COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
1. Schwan Cosmetics collects two kinds of data from you: data which are automatically collected on our website, and data which you personally and voluntarily provide to Schwan Cosmetics.
2. Your personal data will be processed only in the following circumstances:
- to answer your inquiries (name, email address, address, telephone and/or fax number);
- when subscribing to a newsletter from Schwan Cosmetics (if available) we will save your email address for advertising purposes of Schwan Cosmetics until you have unsubscribed. The unsubscription is possible at any time by means of clicking the un-subscribe link in each newsletter. Unsubscription from Schwna Comsetics newsletter is free of charge.
3. During your visit to our website, Schwan Cosmetics automatically records your IP address (i.e. your computer’s internet address, not your email address) and other general usage data in order to assess which sections of our website you visit and how long you stay there. These data are merged with the usage data for all visitors to our website in order to monitor the number of visitors, the average time spent on a Schwan Cosmetics website, the pages called up etc. Schwan Cosmetics uses these merged data to assess products and services, including the novelties which Schwan Cosmetics makes accessible via the website, and to monitor the usage of this website and generally improve its content. On no account will the usage data for this website be linked to any personal data which would provide any statements about you. For more information about this please read § 4 (Automatic Data Collection via Cookies, Sessions and Logfiles, Web Analysis Tool Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager).
§ 3 NO FORWARDING OF PERSONAL DATA
Schwan Cosmetics embraces the policy of not forwarding personal data of users of our website, unless we were given an explicit permission to do so. Schwan Cosmetics does not sell user names or email addresses to third companies which will send you unsolicited advertising or mail.
§ 4 AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION VIA COOKIES, SESSIONS AND LOGFILES, WEB ANALYSIS TOOL GOOGLE ANALYTICS, GOOGLE TAG MANAGER
1. A cookie is a small text file stored in your browser cache and enabling an analysis of your use of our website. A session is a single session which will be saved on our server for a short period of time. Logfiles are created by the server and stored by us. They contain automatically generated logs of all or specific activities of processes on a computer system.
2. With the exception of your IP address, no data with relevance to data privacy, or personal data will be stored in the cookies, sessions and logfiles. Furthermore, these files cannot transfer viruses, spy on your computer, or send emails undetected. In addition, each webserver can only read out those cookies it placed itself.
3. Schwan Cosmetics uses “cookies” to collect data about your usage of our website and to make sure that your visit runs smoothly. These cookies neither reveal nor contain any personal data. Cookies cannot read out any information from your computer or cooperate with other cookies on your fixed disk. However, cookies enable Schwan Cosmetics to recognise you on a later visit to our website.
4. The following data are automatically collected via cookies, sessions and logfiles when you call up our website:
Your internet address (IP address)/host name
Agent/browser type and version
Website you were referred from (referrer URL)
used Pages viewed on our website.
These data are stored separately from the data you provided voluntarily to Schwan Cosmetics when contacting our company in the event of inquiries or subscribing to our newsletter. These data types are not linked.
6. This website is located on a Schwan Cosmetics server in Germany. Schwan- Cosmetics only makes your data available to those of its employees who need to see them.
7. In addition, this Website uses Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. These are services of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (""Google"")
Google Tag Manager
For more information about Google Tag Manager please read:
§ 5 SOCIAL MEDIA
This website uses social plugins from the social network XING:
XING is operated by XING AG, Dammtorstraße 30, 20354 Hamburg, Deutschland (hereinafter„XING“) under: https://www.xing.com/.
The social plugin is labelled with the XING-Logo. When you access a website from our online content which contains such a plugin, your browser connects directly to XING servers. The content of the plugin will be directly transferred from XING to your browser and then incorporated into the website. By incorporating the plugins, XING is informed that you have accessed the corresponding page of our website. We have no impact on the purpose and scope of data collection, the further processing and use of data by XING. Regarding your rights and security settings to protect your privacy please read the XING data protection policies:
§ 6 DATA SECURITY
1. We have taken organisational and technical security measures to protect your data, in particular against loss, manipulation and unauthorised access. We regularly adapt our security measures to continuous technical development.
2. We urge you to take all possible measures to protect your data while working on the internet. Adopt the habit of frequently changing your password. We recommend a password with a combination of letters, numbers and special characters and to make sure that you use a safe SSL-capable browser for surfing the internet. If you are not the only person using your computer log out completely after using it, and never make your password known to third parties.
3. We use the SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to encrypt your data on all websites where after registration personal data must be provided. SSL encryption masks your data before transmitting them to our server, in such a way that they cannot be reconstructed by third parties. This safeguards the privacy of your personal data.
4. Technical security data for Schwan Cosmetics:
• Encryption of sensitive data transfer with SSL certificates by Thawte.
• Server security: a firewall system protects our servers against attacks.
• An internal security system and authorisation concept make sure that your sensitive data are not accessible to our employees unless they have a special authorisation.
§ 7 RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL AND RIGHT TO INFORMATION
At any given time, you have the right to receive information, free of charge, about your data stored with us, as well as, if necessary, the right to have these data modified, blocked or deleted.
In such cases please contact
+ 49 911 567 2012
(Availability Mon-Fri between 10:00 and 16:00 CET, excluding German public holidays)
Responsible as defined by the Bundesdatenschutzgesetz (German Data Protection Act): the Schwan-STABILO Cosmetics GmbH & Co. KG Schwanweg 1 - 90562 Heroldsberg – Germany. For questions or suggestions regarding data protection you may contact: